This easy Chicken Stroganoff is rich and satisfying. This delicious comfort food has diced boneless chicken, tender baby bell mushrooms, and creamy sauce served over perfectly cooked egg noodles. Simply boil the pasta, then make the rest in one pan!
This recipe makes a great lunch, dinner, or date night meal for two.
Scroll to the bottom for a full recipe card.
How to make Chicken Stroganoff:
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the noodles and cook according to the package directions.
Dice the onion and cut the chicken into bite-sized cubes.
This post contains affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, if you click through an affiliate link and make a purchase, I may make a small commission. This disclosure pertains to all Amazon links.
In a large skillet over medium heat add the olive oil. Add the chicken and cook until it becomes golden brown and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside. Click for a skillet.
In the same pan add 1 tablespoon butter, add the diced onions and cook for about 2 minutes.
Add the sliced mushrooms and minced garlic and cook about 2 more minutes.
Add the remaining 1 tablespoon butter to the pan. Once melted, add the flour and paprika, stir about 30 seconds.
Pour in the chicken stock, Worcestershire sauce and add the cooked chicken. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook until thickened.
Stir in the sour cream and add salt and pepper to taste.
Add the egg noodles to the skillet and stir to coat.
Top with parsley if desired.
- 4 oz wide egg noodles
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast (6 - 8 oz)
- 2 Tbsp butter, divided
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 cup sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1/8 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/8 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add egg noodles and cook according to package directions.
- Dice onion and cut chicken into bite-sized cubes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat add olive oil. Add chicken and cook until golden brown and cooked through. Remove chicken from pan and set aside. Click for a large skillet.
- In same pan add 1 tablespoon butter, add onions and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and cook about 2 more minutes.
- Add remaining butter. Once melted, add flour and paprika, stir about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken stock, Worcestershire sauce and cooked chicken. Bring to a gentle simmer, cook until thickened.
- Stir in sour cream and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cooked egg noodles to skillet and stir to coat. Top with parsley if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 539 Total Fat: 33g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 19g Cholesterol: 110mg Sodium: 552mg Carbohydrates: 34g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 6g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 28g