Easy Chicken and Dumplings is full of flavor, and quite comforting. Boneless chicken is simmered in one pot with celery, carrots, and onion with savory seasonings and topped with fluffy biscuit type dumplings.
This is definitely one of those meals that you just want to eat while you snuggle on the couch in front of a fireplace on a cold fall or winter day.
This recipe is made in one pan and makes just the right amount for two people for lunch, dinner, or date night.
How to make Easy Chicken and Dumplings:
Dice the chicken, celery, onion, and carrots. A filet knife is perfect for cutting through chicken. Click here for a Rada Filet Knife with Leather Scabbard.
In a medium sized pot boil the chicken broth, chicken, celery, onion, and carrots for 15 minutes. Click here for a sauce pan.
Stir in the cream of chicken soup, sage, salt and pepper, and then bring back to a boil.
In a medium size bowl mix together the Jiffy baking mix and milk forming sticky batter.
Divide the batter into 4 equal portions and drop by spoonfuls onto the hot mixture.
Cook uncovered for 10 minutes over low heat.
Cover and cook 10 more minutes.
Chicken Fettuccine Michael – Pietro’s Copycat Recipe
Perfectly cooked fettuccine is smothered in a creamy Parmesan and mushroom sauce and topped with lightly breaded chicken and toasted pine nuts.Get the Recipe
Classic Chicken Carbonara
This Classic Chicken Carbonara is easy, delicious, and quick, ready in just 20 minutes. Perfectly cooked spaghetti or linguine and crispy bacon are coated in a creamy egg, garlic and Parmesan sauce.Get the Recipe
Individual Chicken Shepherd's Pies
Individual Chicken Shepherd’s pies are easy and delicious. This mashed potato and Swiss cheese topped casserole has tender chicken, sweet corn, peas and carrots in a homemade creamy savory sauce.Get the Recipe
Individual Chicken Pot Pies
This Chicken Pot Pie is the best! It’s so delicious and easy and also easy on your wallet! Juicy chicken mixed with peas, carrots, onion and creamy chicken soup are topped with a flaky golden crust.Get the Recipe
For the Chicken:
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 6 ounces boneless chicken
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/2 onion
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Dumplings:
- 1 cup Jiffy baking mix(http://amzn.to/2wXSA5h)
- 1/2 cup milk
- Dice the chicken, celery, onion, and carrots. A filet knife is perfect for cutting through chicken. Click for a Rada Filet Knife.
- In a medium sized pot boil the chicken broth, chicken, celery, onions, and carrots for 15 minutes. Click for a sauce pan.
- Stir in the cream of chicken soup, sage, salt and pepper, and then bring back to a boil.
- In a medium bowl mix together the Jiffy baking mix and milk forming sticky batter. Divide the batter into 4 equal portions and drop by spoonfuls onto the hot mixture.
- Cook uncovered for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Cover and cook 10 more minutes.
Rada Cutlery Fillet Knife – Stainless Steel Blade with Leather Scabbard and Rubber Handle, 12-1/4 Inch
T-Fal Specialty 3 Quart Handy Pot w/Glass Lid
JIFFY All Purpose Baking Mix, 40 Oz
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 383 Total Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 97mg Sodium: 2079mg Carbohydrates: 25g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 6g Protein: 33g