Crockpot White Chicken Chili for two is soupy and creamy, with chunks of chicken, beans, onion and green chilies. I love the flavor the cumin adds to this dish.
You can also add some cayenne pepper if you want to kick the heat up a bit. This is a small batch recipe that serves 2.
We first made this creamy white chicken chili recipe when my son was learning how to cook. Each week he would choose a recipe that he wanted to make and I would supervise while he prepared our dinner.
We love this White Chicken Chili recipe so much that it has become a regular in our house ever since.
How to make Crockpot Creamy White Chicken Chili:
Dice the chicken and onion and add them to the crockpot. Click here for a 4 quart crockpot slow cooker.
Add in the garlic powder, salt, ground cumin, oregano and pepper. If you are also using cayenne pepper, add that in now too. I did use it in this batch and it was a tad too spicy for me but my husband loved it.
Add in the beans, chilies, and broth. For broth I used 2/3 cup of water with chicken bouillon dissolved in it.
Set the crockpot slow cooker to low heat and cook for 7 or 8 hours (or high heat for 4 hours).
Right before serving, turn the heat off and add in the sour cream and milk. Stir it well to combine.
Serve and enjoy!
You might also like:
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, small/medium
- 1/3 onion, medium
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (for heat), optional
- 15.5 ounces great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 4 ounces canned diced green chilies
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/8 cup milk, or heavy cream
- Dice chicken and onion and add them to crockpot. Click below for a 4 quart slow cooker.
- Add in the garlic powder, salt, ground cumin, oregano and pepper. If you are also using cayenne pepper, add that in now too.
- Add in the beans, chilies, and broth.
- Set the slow cooker to low heat and cook for 7 or 8 hours (or high heat for 4 hours).
- Right before serving, turn the heat off and add in the sour cream and milk. Stir it well to combine.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 572 Saturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 94mg Sodium: 1172mg Carbohydrates: 55g Fiber: 17g Sugar: 4g Protein: 44g