Crockpot White Chicken Chili for two is soupy and creamy, with chunks of chicken, beans, onion and green chilies. I love the flavor the cumin adds to this dish.
You can also add some cayenne pepper if you want to kick the heat up a bit. This is a small batch recipe that serves 2.
Scroll to bottom for full recipe card with ingredients.
We first made this creamy white chicken chili recipe when my son was learning how to cook. Each week he would choose a recipe that he wanted to make and I would supervise while he prepared our dinner.
We love this White Chicken Chili recipe so much that it has become a regular in our house ever since.
How to make Crockpot Creamy White Chicken Chili:
Dice the chicken and onion and add them to the crockpot. Click for a 4 quart crockpot slow cooker.
This post contains affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, if you click through an affiliate link and make a purchase, I may make a small commission. This disclosure pertains to all Amazon links.
Add in the garlic powder, salt, ground cumin, oregano and pepper. If you are also using cayenne pepper, add that in now too. I did use it in this batch and it was a tad too spicy for me but my husband loved it.
Add in the beans, chilies, and broth. For broth I used 2/3 cup of water with chicken bouillon dissolved in it.
Set the crockpot slow cooker to low heat and cook for 7 or 8 hours (or high heat for 4 hours).
Right before serving, turn the heat off and add in the sour cream and milk. Stir it well to combine.
Serve and enjoy!
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, small/medium
- 1/3 onion, medium
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (for heat), optional
- 15.5 ounces great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 4 ounces canned diced green chilies
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/8 cup milk, or heavy cream
- Dice chicken and onion and add them to crockpot. Click below for a 4 quart slow cooker.
- Add in the garlic powder, salt, ground cumin, oregano and pepper. If you are also using cayenne pepper, add that in now too.
- Add in the beans, chilies, and broth.
- Set the slow cooker to low heat and cook for 7 or 8 hours (or high heat for 4 hours).
- Right before serving, turn the heat off and add in the sour cream and milk. Stir it well to combine.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 572Saturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 94mgSodium: 1172mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 17gSugar: 4gProtein: 44g