Beer Battered Coconut Shrimp is a delicious flavor sensation with sweet coconut, crunchy Panko Japanese bread crumbs, and beer batter fried to crispy golden brown perfection!
We enjoyed ours with regular Shrimp Cocktail Sauce, Sweet Chili Sauce, and crispy french fries. You could use any sauce recipe you like.
How to make Beer Battered Coconut Shrimp:
Using a fish filet knife, butterfly the shrimp. Click for filet knife.
Sprinkle the shrimp with salt and pepper to taste.
Add about 1/2 an inch of oil to an electric skillet and preheat to 375 F (190 C). Click for a 16 inch electric skillet.
In a small bowl mix together the Panko and shredded coconut.
In another bowl add the flour, baking powder, salt, egg and beer. Mix together until well combined.
Dip the shrimp in the beer batter mixture.
Then coat the shrimp with the Panko and coconut mixture.
Repeat with the remaining shrimp.
Deep fry the shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown. Flip over half way through, then drain on paper towels.
Serve and enjoy!
Beer Battered Deep Fried Mushrooms
These Beer Battered Deep Fried Mushrooms are fried to a crispy golden brown with the perfect beer batter coating over delicious whole button mushrooms.
Beer Battered Shrimp Tacos with Fire Roasted Tortilla Shells
These Beer Battered Shrimp tacos have deep fried crispy golden brown shrimp with the perfect beer batter coating layered on top of creamy tangy coleslaw stuffed into a fire roasted tortilla taco shell.
Beer Battered Onion Rings Small Batch Recipe
These Beer Battered Onion Rings are deep fried to a crispy golden brown with the perfect beer batter coating over delicious sweet onion rings.
Best Stuffed Shrimp
These stuffed shrimp are seriously the best! Butterflied shrimp are stuffed with a savory homemade stuffing mixture and baked in the oven.
- 1/2 pound raw shrimp (deveined and peeled)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Panko Japanese bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut (can use unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small egg
- 1/2 cup beer
- Butterfly the shrimp with a fish filet knife. Click for a fish filet knife.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Add about 1/2 an inch of oil to an electric skillet and preheat to 375 F (190 C). Click for a 16 inch electric skillet.
- In a small bowl mix together the Panko and shredded coconut.
- In another bowl add the flour, baking powder, salt, egg and beer. Mix together until well combined.
- Place the shrimp in the beer batter mixture and then coat with the Panko mixture. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Deep fry the shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown. Flip over halfway through, then drain on paper towels.
Rada Cutlery Fillet Knife – Stainless Steel Blade with Leather Scabbard and Rubber Handle, 12-1/4 Inch
Presto 06852 16-Inch Electric Skillet with Glass Cover
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 476 Saturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 367mg Sodium: 1905mg Carbohydrates: 41g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 2g Protein: 32g