These stuffed shrimp are seriously the best! Butterflied shrimp are stuffed with a savory homemade stuffing mixture and baked in the oven.
This recipe makes a great lunch, dinner or romantic date night meal for two but also works great as an appetizer for a small dinner party.
We serve ours with a nice garden salad on the side.
How to make the best Stuffed Shrimp:
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 C).
Cut the bread into tiny cubes.
Peel the shrimp leaving the tail on.
Butterfly the shrimp by inserting a knife about three-quarters of the way into shrimp near the head and cut nearly all the way down the center of the shrimp’s back to the tail, leaving the front of the shrimp intact.
Remove the vein with the tip of the knife.
Using your hands, open the cut shrimp until it lies flat.
Place the shrimp butterflied side down on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray.
Press the flat part of the shrimp gently down to make it even flatter.
In a frying pan, heat the butter, olive oil, dried minced onion, minced garlic, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Cook and stir for about 3 minutes.
Stir in the bread cubes and chopped parsley until combined.
Use a melon baller to scoop the stuffing mixture into the butterflied shrimp.
Curl the shrimp tails over top of the stuffing mixture.
Bake the stuffed shrimp for 5 – 8 minutes. (Bake longer for shrimp larger than 16-20 size)
Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the stuffed shrimp with more parsley if desired. Serve immediately.
Shrimp Parmesan Filet Mignon
Shrimp Parmesan Filet Mignon is an easy surf-n-turf dish perfect for special occasions. Tender beef tenderloin medallions are topped with buttery mayo, Parmesan, and savory seasonings.
Shrimp Po' Boy Sandwiches
These Shrimp Po’ Boy Sandwiches are easy, delicious, and quick – ready in just 20 minutes. Breaded shrimp are fried until golden brown, served on hoagie rolls or sub buns, and topped with lettuce, tomato, and a homemade mayo sauce.
Easy Shrimp Alfredo Recipe
Shrimp Alfredo has homemade creamy white Alfredo sauce seasoned with garlic, shaved Parmesan cheese, and succulent shrimp all stirred together with perfect al dente pasta.
Crab Stuffed Shrimp
Crab Stuffed Shrimp are delicious, decadent and impressive. Large shrimp are butterflied and filled with a cream cheese, crab and chive filling, then baked to perfection.
- 12 large shrimp (size 16 – 20 per lb)
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp dried minced onion
- 1 tsp jarred minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 slices white bread
- 2 tsp chopped fresh parsley (plus more for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 C).
- Cut bread into tiny cubes.
- Peel shrimp leaving tail on.
- Butterfly shrimp by inserting a knife about three-quarters of the way into shrimp near the head and cut nearly all the way down the center of the shrimp's back to the tail, leaving the front of the shrimp intact.
- Remove vein with tip of the knife.
- Open cut shrimp until it lies flat.
- Place shrimp butterflied side down on a baking sheet
sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Press flat part of shrimp gently down to make it even flatter.
- In a frying pan, heat butter, olive oil, dried minced
onion, minced garlic, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Stir in bread cubes and chopped parsley until combined.
- Use a melon baller to scoop stuffing mixture into butterflied shrimp.
- Curl the shrimp tails over top of the stuffing mixture.
- Bake 5 - 8 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and sprinkle stuffed shrimp with more parsley if desired. Serve immediately.
Bake longer for shrimp larger than 16-20 size.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 57 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 19mg Sodium: 164mg Carbohydrates: 3g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 2g