This delicious and creamy Potato Salad is loaded with crisp bacon, tender potatoes, diced hardboild egg, diced dill pickle, onion, and celery smothered in a simple dressing of mayo, seasoned salt, and pepper.
This small batch recipe makes a great side dish for two people any time of the year.
How to make Potato Salad for two:
Bring a small pan of water to a boil and add the diced potatoes. Cook for about 12 minutes. Test for tenderness by poking a fork into a potato. If it slides in easy and feels soft or breaks in half, it is ready. Drain the potatoes then put them in the refrigerator to cool.
Tip: Resting a wooden spoon on top of boiling water will help prevent the water from boiling over and making a mess.
Add the egg to a small pan and cover with water. On the stove top, bring it to a boil. Once it reaches a full boil, cover the pan, then turn off the heat. Let it sit for 12 minutes. Then, drain the water and put the egg in the refrigerator to cool.
Heat a non-stick skillet on medium heat and cook the bacon until crisp. Click for a non-stick skillet.
Drain the bacon on paper towel and crumble when cool.
On a cutting board, dice the onion, celery, egg, and pickles. They can be diced large or small, just try to keep them the same size as each other if possible. Click for a cutting board.
In a bowl mix together the mayo, seasoned salt, and pepper.
Toss the mayo mixture together with the potatoes, egg, celery, onion, and pickles.
Stir in the bacon and serve or chill until ready to serve.
Mashed Potato Casserole
This Mashed Potato Casserole is comfort food at it’s finest. I love the light, fluffy, creamy texture coupled with the flavors of bacon, cheese and chives.Get the Recipe
Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecans and Marshmallows
This classic sweet potato casserole with pecans and marshmallows is light, fluffy, and has just the right amount of sweetness.Get the Recipe
Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes
These Au Gratin Potatoes are deliciously creamy and cheesy with the added flavor of onion baked inside. This recipe serves two people cooked in individual dishes for a romantic dinner.Get the Recipe
Roasted Fingerling Potatoes Recipe
These Roasted Fingerling Potatoes are buttery with garlic and herbs tossed with Parmesan cheese and roasted to crisp-tender perfection! They are easy and quick, ready in just 35 minutes.Get the Recipe
- 1/2 pound potatoes (or 1 large russet potato)
- 1 egg
- 2 slices bacon
- 1/4 onion
- 1/2 stalk celery
- 2 dill pickle spears
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Scrub the potatoes clean, then peel (if desired) and dice into bite-sized cubes.
- Bring a medium sauce pan of water to a boil and add the potatoes.
- Boil the potatoes about 12 minutes. Drain and place in the refrigerator to cool.
- Add the egg to a sauce pan, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Once it reaches a full boil, cover the pan, then turn off the heat. Let it sit for 12 minutes. Then, drain the water and put the egg in the refrigerator to cool.
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium heat and cook the bacon until crisp.
- Drain the bacon on paper towel and let it cool, then crumble it.
- On a cutting board, dice the onion, celery, hardboiled egg, and pickles.
- In a bowl mix together the mayo, seasoned salt, and pepper.
- Toss the mayo mixture together with the potatoes, egg, celery, onion, and pickles.
- Stir in the bacon and serve or chill until ready to serve.
T-Fal Specialty 3 Quart Handy Pot w/Glass Lid
Nordic Ware Professional Weight 12 Inch Texas Skillet With Helper Handle
IKEA LEGITIM 13 1/2" x 9 1/2" Cutting & Chopping Board (White)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 581 Total Fat: 48g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 38g Cholesterol: 127mg Sodium: 1072mg Carbohydrates: 27g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 3g Protein: 11g