Zesty Crockpot Shredded BBQ Chicken is a great twist on basic barbecue chicken.
Scroll to the bottom for a full recipe card.
It’s as easy as adding frozen boneless chicken to your slow cooker, topping it with the sauce ingredients, then set it and forget it!
Edited to add: There is much debate about if it is safe or not to use frozen chicken in a slow cooker so if your worried about it, you can use thawed chicken. Quin Patton, a food scientist formerly with PepsiCo said,“It is safe to cook a frozen chicken in a slow cooker, you just need to make sure the internal temperature gets up to 165 degrees at some point during the cooking process.” I have personally never had any problems using frozen in any slow cooker recipe, but I can’t guarantee if you will or not so please make your own decision.
How to make Zesty Crockpot Shredded BBQ Chicken Sandwiches:
This post contains affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, if you click through an affiliate link and make a purchase, I may make a small commission. This disclosure pertains to all Amazon links.
Place the frozen boneless chicken in a 4 quart slow cooker Crockpot. Click for a 4 quart crockpot.
In a small bowl whisk the barbecue sauce, Zesty Italian salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce.
Pour the sauce ingredients over the chicken.
Cover and cook 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
Use a fork to shred the chicken in the pot then stir to coat completely.
Serve the zesty shredded chicken on the sandwich rolls.
- 8 oz frozen boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Zesty Italian salad dressing
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 sandwich rolls
- Place frozen boneless chicken in a 4 quart slow cooker Crockpot. Click here for a 4 quart crockpot.
- In a small bowl whisk barbecue sauce, Zesty Italian salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour sauce ingredients over chicken.
- Cover and cook 8 hours on low or 4 hours on High.
- Use a fork to shred the chicken in the pot then stir to coat completely.
- Serve zesty shredded chicken on sandwich rolls.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 534Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 1313mgCarbohydrates: 69gFiber: 2gSugar: 37gProtein: 40g