Zesty Crockpot Shredded BBQ Chicken is a great twist on basic barbecue chicken.
Scroll to bottom for full recipe card with ingredients.
It’s as easy as adding frozen boneless chicken to your slow cooker, topping it with the sauce ingredients, then set it and forget it!
Edited to add: There is much debate about if it is safe or not to use frozen chicken in a slow cooker so if your worried about it, you can use thawed chicken. Quin Patton, a food scientist formerly with PepsiCo said,“It is safe to cook a frozen chicken in a slow cooker, you just need to make sure the internal temperature gets up to 165 degrees at some point during the cooking process.” I have personally never had any problems using frozen in any slow cooker recipe, but I can’t guarantee if you will or not so please make your own decision.
How to make Zesty Crockpot Shredded BBQ Chicken Sandwiches:
This post contains affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, if you click through an affiliate link and make a purchase, I may make a small commission. This disclosure pertains to all Amazon links.
Place the frozen boneless chicken in a 4 quart slow cooker Crockpot. Click for a 4 quart crockpot.
In a small bowl whisk the barbecue sauce, Zesty Italian salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce.
Pour the sauce ingredients over the chicken.
Cover and cook 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
Use a fork to shred the chicken in the pot then stir to coat completely.
Serve the zesty shredded chicken on the sandwich rolls.
- 8 oz frozen boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Zesty Italian salad dressing
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 sandwich rolls
- Place frozen boneless chicken in a 4 quart slow cooker Crockpot. Click here for a 4 quart crockpot.
- In a small bowl whisk barbecue sauce, Zesty Italian salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour sauce ingredients over chicken.
- Cover and cook 8 hours on low or 4 hours on High.
- Use a fork to shred the chicken in the pot then stir to coat completely.
- Serve zesty shredded chicken on sandwich rolls.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 534Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 1313mgCarbohydrates: 69gFiber: 2gSugar: 37gProtein: 40g
Nutrition information is a guideline only, is calculated automatically by third party software, and absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.