These grilled Taco Burgers are incredibly delicious and juicy. Homemade taco seasoning is combined with ground beef, formed into burgers and grilled to perfection. They are topped with melty cheddar cheese and all your favorite taco toppings. I highly recommend adding the yellow corn tortilla chips to the burger to give you that perfect taco crunch!
Scroll to the bottom for a full recipe card.
This super easy recipe makes a great lunch, supper, or impressive date night dinner for two. It is ready in just 15 minutes!
Other topping suggestions:
- Avocado slices or guacamole
- Sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- Salsa, hot sauce, or pico de gallo
- Sliced jalapeños
- Sliced or diced onion
How to make Grilled Taco Burgers:
In a small bowl, whisk together the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper.
In a medium bowl, add the ground beef, then sprinkle the seasoning mixture over the beef and mix to combine well.
Shape the taco burger mixture into 2 patties.
Grill the burgers, covered, over direct medium heat for 4 – 6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160 degrees F (71.11 C) and juices run clear.
Top each burger with a cheese slice and continue cooking just until cheese begins to melt.
Serve the taco burgers on the buns with the lettuce, yellow corn tortilla chips, tomato slices, and taco sauce.
Taco Salad in Fried Tortilla Bowls
Taco Salad in fried tortilla bowls are easy and delicious. These homemade edible bowls are deep fried to a crispy golden brown, then filled with taco meat and fresh taco salad ingredients.
Taco Tater Tot Casserole
This homemade Taco Tater Tot Casserole for two features homemade taco seasoning with ground beef, black beans, tater tots, and enchilada sauce topped with gooey melted Colby Jack cheese.
Beer Battered Shrimp Tacos with Fire Roasted Tortilla Shells
These Beer Battered Shrimp tacos have deep fried crispy golden brown shrimp with the perfect beer batter coating layered on top of creamy tangy coleslaw stuffed into a fire roasted tortilla taco shell.
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Bowls
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Bowls are packed full of shredded chicken, black beans, salsa, southwest seasonings, and rice topped with cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, and green onion.
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried minced onion
- 1/2 lb ground beef (or ground chicken, ground turkey)
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 Lettuce leaves (or shredded lettuce)
- 6 yellow corn tortilla chips
- 2 Tomato slices
- 2 Tbsp taco sauce
- 2 hamburger buns
- In a small bowl, whisk together chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, add ground beef, then sprinkle seasoning mixture over beef and mix to combine well.
- Shape taco burger mixture into 2 patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over direct medium heat for 4 - 6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160 degrees F (71.11 C) and juices run clear.
- Top each burger with a cheese slice and continue cooking just until cheese begins to melt.
- Serve taco burgers on buns with lettuce, yellow corn tortilla chips, tomato slices, and taco sauce (or your favorite taco toppings).
I highly recommend adding the yellow corn tortilla chips to the burger to give you that perfect taco crunch!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 615 Total Fat: 33g Saturated Fat: 13g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 129mg Sodium: 1277mg Carbohydrates: 35g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 6g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 43g