These Italian Pita Pocket sandwiches are quite delicious and filling. They are easy and quick to make, ready in just 20 minutes.
The best part is it’s all made in just one pan for easy clean up.
You can use chicken, pork, beef, or ground beef to mix it up a bit. This recipe serves 2 people and makes 4 half pita sandwiches.
How to make Italian Pita Pockets:
Heat the oil in a medium frying pan. Add the green pepper and cubed or ground meat of your choice. Fry until the meat is cooked through. Need a new frying pan? Click here for non-stick cookware.
Stir in the seasonings, water, and tomato paste.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 1 – 3 minutes until thickened.
Fill each half pita with the lettuce if desired, meat mixture and mozzarella cheese. Serve and Enjoy.
Easy Gyro Style Pitas
These pita sandwiches have a creamy refreshing dressing with cucumber and tomato coated in mayonnaise, sour cream, and ranch dressing. I used ground chicken this time but you can also use ground turkey or beef.
BLT Chicken Salad Sandwiches
These gorgeous BLT Chicken Salad Sandwiches combine all the classic flavors of crispy bacon, fresh lettuce and tomato with creamy chicken salad served on fresh deli sandwich rolls. This recipe is easy and quick, ready in just 25 minutes.
Crockpot French Dip Sandwiches
Crockpot French Dip Sandwiches have tender and juicy beef roast and onions cooked long and slow and served on a toasted hoagie with melted provolone cheese. The cooking broth makes an awesome Au Jus for dipping. This is an easy small batch recipe perfect for lunch or dinner for two.
Easy Crispy Fried Chicken Sandwiches
These easy crispy Fried Chicken Sandwiches are juicy and delicious! Chicken thighs are soaked in homemade buttermilk, then coated in seasoned flour, fried until crispy and simply topped with lettuce, dill pickle slices and mayo.
- 1/2 pound cubed boneless pork (chicken, beef or ground beef)
- 1/2 cup green pepper (diced small)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon dried onion
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 whole pita breads (cut in half)
- Shredded Mozzarella
- Lettuce (optional)
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan. Add the green pepper and cubed or ground meat of your choice. Fry until the meat is cooked through. Click here for non-stick cookware.
- Stir in the seasonings, water, and tomato paste.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 1 - 3 minutes until thickened.
- Fill each half pita with the lettuce if desired, meat mixture and mozzarella cheese. Serve and Enjoy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 392 Saturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 71mg Sodium: 952mg Carbohydrates: 38g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 4g Protein: 31g