These easy Gyro Style Pita sandwiches have a creamy refreshing dressing with cucumber and tomato coated in mayonnaise, sour cream, and ranch dressing.
The meat filling is sweet and tangy. Don’t be scared off by the sauerkraut. It adds flavor and moistness to the meat but you could also leave it out if you prefer.
This is a super easy and quick dinner or lunch for two, ready in just 20 minutes. My husband and I both love it. I used ground chicken this time but you can also use ground turkey or beef.
How to make Easy Gyro Style Pitas:
In a medium skillet, cook the meat, onion, sauerkraut, brown sugar and salt over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink. Drain if there is excess liquid.
In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and salad dressing.
Stir in tomato and cucumber.
Fill pita halves with the meat mixture, lettuce and sauce.
You might also like:
- 1/2 pound ground chicken (turkey or beef)
- 1/2 onion, small (chopped)
- 1/4 cup sauerkraut (rinsed and well drained - optional)
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Ranch salad dressing (from a bottle or jar)
- 1/2 small tomato (diced)
- 1/2 small cucumber (diced)
- 2 pita breads (cut in half)
- lettuce (shredded)
- In a medium skillet, cook the meat, onion, sauerkraut, brown sugar and salt over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink. Drain if there is excess liquid.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and salad dressing.
- Stir in tomato and cucumber.
- Fill pita halves with the meat mixture, lettuce and sauce.
T-fal Saute Pan with Lid, Nonstick Pan, 5 Quart, Black
Rubbermaid 7F52RETCHIL 4 Piece 3.5 Cup Round Take Along Container
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 549 Saturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 124mg Sodium: 961mg Carbohydrates: 44g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 10g Protein: 27g