This Chicken with Mushroom Parmesan Sauce is easy and delicious, ready in just 30 minutes. The chicken is pounded flat then coated in a crunchy Panko breading and fried until crispy. The creamy sauce is packed full of mushrooms, Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
Scroll to the bottom for a full recipe card.
We serve this chicken and sauce over a bed of long grain and wild rice which is delicious together. This dish makes a great lunch, supper, or impressive romantic date night dinner for two.
How to make Chicken with Mushroom Parmesan Sauce:
For the Chicken:
Gently pound the chicken between two slices of plastic wrap until about 1/2 inch thick.
Season the chicken with the salt and pepper.
Prepare 3 shallow dishes. Place the flour in the first. Place the egg in the second and whisk until beaten. Place the Panko bread crumbs in the third.
Dredge each chicken piece in the flour and shake off the excess.
Dip each chicken piece in the beaten egg.
Then coat each chicken piece well in the Panko bread crumbs.
This post may contain affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, if you click through an affiliate link and make a purchase, I may make a small commission.
Preheat the oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Click for a medium frying pan.
Fry the chicken until golden brown and crispy, about 5 minutes on each side.
For the Sauce:
Add the broth to the same skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and stir to loosen browned bits from pan.
Stir in the heavy cream and mushrooms. Boil and stir for about 1 minute.
Reduce the heat and add the Parmesan cheese, fresh basil and black pepper. Stir the sauce and cook until heated through.
Serve the mushroom Parmesan sauce over the chicken.
Mushroom Parmesan Ravioli
Mushroom Parmesan Ravioli is easy and quick to prepare, ready in just 35 minutes. Ravioli pasta is smothered in a creamy, savory, Parmesan cheese and basil sauce mixed with buttery mushrooms and topped with toasted pine nuts.
Creamy Mushroom Tuna Steaks
Creamy Mushroom Tuna Steaks start with pan seared tuna steaks smothered in rich creamy garlic mushroom sauce served over a bed of egg noodles.
Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy
This Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy recipe is quick and delicious! The beef is savory and the creamy mushroom gravy is perfect served over mashed potatoes. This recipe is cooked in one pan, and ready in just 30 minutes.
Skillet Pork Chops and Mushroom Gravy
Skillet pork chops and mushroom gravy are pan-seared to perfection and served up with creamy mushroom and caramelized onion gravy on top of fluffy rice.
For the Chicken:
- 2 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Japanese Panko bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cooking oil
For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
For the chicken:
- Gently pound chicken between two slices of plastic wrap until 1/2 inch thick.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Prepare 3 shallow dishes. Place flour in the first. Place egg in the second and whisk until beaten. Place Panko bread crumbs in the third.
- Dredge each chicken piece in flour and shake of excess.
- Dip each chicken piece in beaten egg.
- Coat each chicken piece well in Panko bread crumbs.
- Preheat oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Click for a medium frying pan.
- Fry chicken until golden brown and crispy, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Place chicken pieces on a wire rack over a baking sheet and keep warm in oven set on 200 degrees F. Click for a wire rack or a baking sheet.
For the sauce:
- Add broth to same skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and stir to loosen browned bits from pan.
- Stir in heavy cream and mushrooms. Boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat and add Parmesan cheese, fresh basil and black pepper. Stir sauce and cook until heated through.
- Serve mushroom Parmesan sauce over chicken.
We serve this chicken and sauce over a bed of long grain and wild rice which is delicious together.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 855 Total Fat: 37g Saturated Fat: 18g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 274mg Sodium: 1026mg Carbohydrates: 70g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 7g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 58g