These amazing Cheesy Smothered Pulled Pork Burritos are stuffed with a slow cooked smoky pulled pork, diced green chiles, and rice mixture covered in green enchilada sauce and smothered with gooey melted Monterey Jack cheese.
Scroll to the bottom for a full recipe card.
We make this Smoky Pulled Pork recipe ahead of time to use in this burrito recipe.
This easy dish makes a great lunch, dinner or impressive romantic date night for two.
How to make Cheesy Smothered Pulled Pork Burritos:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 C).
Prepare the rice according to the package directions.
In a medium bowl, toss the smoky pulled pork with 1/2 cup of the green enchilada sauce, chili powder, cumin, diced green chiles, cilantro, prepared rice, salt and pepper.
This post may contain affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, if you click through an affiliate link and make a purchase, I may make a small commission.
Spray an oven safe baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. I love using this oven safe 6.5 x 14.25 inch platter but you could also use an 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
Spread 1/4 cup of green enchilada sauce on the bottom of the dish.
Scoop half of the pork mixture into each tortilla.
Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of Monterey Jack cheese, divided evenly between the two.
Roll up the burritos, folding the ends in like an envelope as you roll.
Place the burritos seam-side down in the prepared baking dish.
Pour the remaining green enchilada sauce over the burritos.
Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese.
Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until the burritos are heated through and the cheese is melted.
Crispy Chicken Chimichangas with Green Chili Sauce
These baked homemade Crispy Chicken Chimichangas and Green Chili Sauce are out of this world! The chicken filling is cooked and seasoned to perfection, then stuffed inside tortilla shells, and oven baked until crispy. They are then topped with a cheesy, sour cream and green chili sauce.
Smoky Pulled Pork Tacos
These tacos combine tender smoky pulled pork, ooey gooey melted cheese, and sweet tangy coleslaw served in a crunchy taco shell. They are easy and quick to prepare, ready in just 20 minutes. Try the tinfoil hack listed in the recipe. It works great! This recipe makes 4 – 6 tacos and will serve 2 people.
- 1/4 cup white rice
- 1/2 lb smoky pulled pork
- 15 oz can green enchilada sauce
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 1/2 tsp dried cilantro
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (divided)
- 2 burrito-sized tortillas
- 1 green onion for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 C).
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- In a medium bowl, toss smoky pulled pork with 1/2 cup of green enchilada sauce, chili powder, cumin, diced green chiles, cilantro, prepared rice, salt and pepper.
- Spray an oven safe baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. I love using this oven safe 6.5 x 14.25 inch platter but you could also use an 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
- Spread 1/4 cup of green enchilada sauce on bottom of baking dish.
- Scoop half of pork mixture into each tortilla.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of Monterey Jack cheese, divided evenly between the two.
- Roll up burritos, folding the ends in like an envelope as you roll.
- Place burritos seam-side down in prepared baking dish.
- Pour remaining green enchilada sauce over burritos.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes or until burritos are heated through and cheese is melted.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 burrito
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1048 Total Fat: 42g Saturated Fat: 19g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 18g Cholesterol: 119mg Sodium: 3875mg Carbohydrates: 117g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 16g Sugar: 33g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 52g