Baked Macaroni and Cheese is gooey, rich, creamy comfort food. I love the look and texture of this cavatappi pasta but any pasta works great in this recipe.
How to make Baked Macaroni and Cheese:
Stir the butter or margarine into the pasta. Isn’t that cavatappi pasta gorgeous? Click here for cavatappi pasta.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
Whisk together the egg and heavy cream.
To the pasta, add the heavy cream mixture, 1 cup of shredded cheese, and the processed cheese food (like Velveeta). Mix it all together and season with the salt and pepper.
Pour the pasta mixture, divided evenly, into two oven safe baking dishes. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
Bake for 30 – 35 minutes until heated through and bubbling around the edges.
Baked Shrimp Macaroni and Cheese
Baked Shrimp Macaroni and Cheese is gooey, rich, creamy comfort food kicked up a notch with Old Bay seasoned shrimp. This is a creamy, rich, and decadent recipe for an 'over the top' experience.Get the Recipe
Classic Tuna Macaroni Salad
This Classic Tuna Macaroni Salad Recipe is easy, delicious, and quick, ready in just 15 minutes. Perfectly cooked pasta or macaroni is tossed with albacore chunk white tuna, sweet onion, peas, and a creamy mayo and sour cream dressing.Get the Recipe
BLT Macaroni Salad for Two
In this easy and tasty BLT Macaroni Salad bacon, lettuce and tomato are mixed with a creamy delicious dressing. This small batch recipe is a great side dish and serves two or three people. You can use any pasta shape you prefer and I chose this gorgeous cavatappi pasta.Get the Recipe
Individual Broccoli Cheese Quiche For Two
This cheesy quiche is smooth and creamy on the inside with a perfect flaky crust. This version is vegetarian but you could easily add in other meats and veggies if you wish. I love using my individual baking dishes for our meals, so fun!Get the Recipe
- 1 1/2 Cups uncooked pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 Cups shredded cheese, I used Cheddar Jack
- 1 Cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Egg
- 4 ounces cubed processed cheese food, (Velveeta)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Sprinkle in a pinch of salt. Add the pasta and cook for 8 – 10 minutes until aldente. Drain the water off the pasta and return it to the cooking pot. Click below for Cavatappi pasta.
- Stir the butter or margarine into the pasta.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Whisk together the egg and heavy cream.
- To the pasta, add the heavy cream mixture, 1 cup of shredded cheese, and the processed cheese food (Velveeta). Mix it all together and season with the salt and pepper.
- Pour the pasta mixture, divided evenly, into two oven safe baking dishes. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese. Click below for 18.6 ounce oven safe dishes.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes until heated through and bubbling around the edges.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1310 Saturated Fat: 50g Cholesterol: 365mg Sodium: 1899mg Carbohydrates: 90g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 8g Protein: 48g