Baked Macaroni and Cheese is gooey, rich, creamy comfort food. I love the look and texture of this cavatappi pasta but any pasta works great in this recipe.
Scroll to the bottom for a full recipe card.
How to make Baked Macaroni and Cheese:
Dice the Velveeta into small cubes.
This post may contain affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, if you click through an affiliate link and make a purchase, I may make a small commission.
Stir the butter into the pasta until melted. Isn’t that cavatappi pasta gorgeous? Click for cavatappi pasta.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
Whisk together the egg and heavy cream.
To the pasta, add the heavy cream mixture, 1 cup of shredded cheese, and the processed cheese food (like Velveeta). Mix it all together and season with the salt and pepper.
Spray two oven safe baking dishes with non-stick spray. Click for 18.6 oz oven safe baking dishes.
Pour the pasta mixture, divided evenly, into the prepared dishes. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes until heated through and bubbling around the edges.
BLT Macaroni Salad for Two
In this easy and tasty BLT Macaroni Salad bacon, lettuce and tomato are mixed with a creamy delicious dressing. This small batch recipe is a great side dish and serves two or three people. You can use any pasta shape you prefer and I chose this gorgeous cavatappi pasta.
Classic Tuna Macaroni Salad
This Classic Tuna Macaroni Salad Recipe is easy, delicious, and quick, ready in just 15 minutes. Perfectly cooked pasta or macaroni is tossed with albacore chunk white tuna, sweet onion, peas, and a creamy mayo and sour cream dressing.
Baked Shrimp Macaroni and Cheese
Baked Shrimp Macaroni and Cheese is gooey, rich, creamy comfort food kicked up a notch with Old Bay seasoned shrimp. This is a creamy, rich, and decadent recipe for an 'over the top' experience.
Easy One Pot American Goulash Recipe
This easy one pot American Goulash meal is perfect for a weeknight dinner for two. It's beefy, saucy and packed with tomatoes and macaroni. There is no need to precook the pasta and is ready in just 40 minutes. You can substitute the beef with ground chicken or turkey.
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked pasta
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar Jack cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Egg
- 4 oz processed cheese food (Velveeta)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Dice the Velveeta into small cubes.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Sprinkle in a pinch of salt. Add the pasta and cook for 8 – 10 minutes until aldente. Drain the water off the pasta and return it to the cooking pot. Click below for Cavatappi pasta.
- Stir the butter into the pasta until melted.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Whisk together the egg and heavy cream.
- To the pasta, add the heavy cream mixture, 1 cup of shredded cheese, and the processed cheese food (Velveeta). Mix it all together and season with the salt and pepper.
- Spray two 18.6 oz oven safe baking dishes with non-stick spray.
- Pour the pasta mixture, divided evenly, into the two baking dishes. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese. Click below for 18.6 ounce oven safe dishes.
- Bake for 20 minutes until heated through and bubbling around the edges.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1373 Total Fat: 104g Saturated Fat: 62g Trans Fat: 3g Unsaturated Fat: 33g Cholesterol: 400mg Sodium: 1841mg Carbohydrates: 63g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 9g Protein: 48g