These Pork Chops with Apple Cider Gravy are delicious with tender pork chops seared in a cast iron skillet then topped with an apple cider and onion soup mix gravy.
This dish works great served with a side of mashed potatoes or rice to pour the extra gravy over top of.
This small batch recipe for two is special enough for an intimate romantic date night dinner or an easy, yet impressive, lunch.
As an Amazon Associate, I may make a small commission, at no additional cost to you, if you make a purchase through product affiliate links in this post.
Have you seen my Cookbook?
Easy Home Cooking For Two – by Zona Cooks features 60 main dish recipes giving you two months’ worth of simple homemade food that’s sure to impress any night of the week. NEW LOWER PRICE Check Cookbook Price
How to make Apple Cider Pork Chops:
In a cast iron skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Click for a cast iron skillet.
Pat the pork chops dry with paper towel.
Season the chops on both sides with salt and pepper to taste.
When the pan is hot, cook the pork about 5 – 7 minutes on the first side.
While the pork cooks, in a separate bowl, whisk the apple cider into cornstarch until combined.
Then whisk in the mushroom soup and onion soup mix and set aside.
Once the first side of the pork is cooked, turn the chops over and cook about 2 minutes.
Then pour the apple cider mixture over the pork in the skillet. Add a lid to the skillet and continue cooking for about 3 minutes.
Remove the lid, stir the gravy, replace the lid and cook for another 2 minutes or until the thickest part of the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
Serve the pork chops topped with the apple cider gravy.
You may also enjoy
These great recipes:
Skillet Pork Chops and Mushroom Gravy
Skillet pork chops and mushroom gravy are pan-seared to perfection and served up with creamy mushroom and caramelized onion gravy on top of fluffy rice.
Crockpot Country Style Pork Ribs and Mushroom Gravy
Crockpot Country Style Pork Ribs and Mushroom Gravy is super easy to prepare with tender pull apart pork ribs smothered with a savory mushroom gravy and sliced onions. It is made in just one pot for easy clean up.
Pecan Crusted Pork Chops
Pecan Crusted Pork Chops are coated in brown sugar, allspice, and pecans which complement the pork really well. Try dipping them in spicy brown mustard, Dijon mustard, or drizzle them with honey.
Smoked Gouda and Bacon Stuffed Pork Chops
Smoked Gouda and Bacon Stuffed Pork Chops are pan fried golden brown thick savory pork chops filled with melted smoked Gouda cheese and crisp bacon. This recipe is easy and quick, ready in just 30 minutes. It makes an impressive lunch or dinner for two. Try it for date night or Valentine’s Day.
Pork Chops with Apple Cider Gravy
Pork Chops with Apple Cider Gravy have tender pork chops seared in a cast iron skillet then topped with an apple cider and onion soup mix gravy.
- 1/2 Tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- 2 pork chops or steaks (about 6 oz each)
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 packet dry onion soup mix
- In a cast iron skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Click for a cast iron skillet.
- Pat pork chops dry with paper towel.
- Season chops on both sides with salt and pepper to taste.
- When pan is hot, cook pork 5 - 7 minutes on first side.
- While pork cooks, in a separate bowl, whisk apple cider into cornstarch until combined.
- Then whisk in mushroom soup and onion soup mix and set aside.
- Once first side of pork is cooked, turn chops over and cook about 2 minutes.
- Then pour apple cider mixture over pork in skillet. Add lid to skillet and continue cooking about 3 minutes.
- Remove lid, stir gravy, replace lid and cook for another 2 minutes or until thickest part of pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
- Serve pork chops topped with apple cider gravy.
- This dish works great served with a side of mashed potatoes or rice to pour the extra gravy over top of.
As an Amazon Associate I may make a small commission, at no additional cost to you, if you make a purchase through product links in this post.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 862Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 239mgSodium: 1662mgCarbohydrates: 40gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 2gSugar: 22gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 71g
Nutrition information is a guideline only, is calculated automatically by third party software, and absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.
40 + Gusseisenrezepte - Meine Pflanzen
Thursday 12th of March 2020
[…] Eine Pfanne Schweinekoteletts mit Apfelwein-Soße Abendessen für zwei […]