Crockpot Cornish Game Hens and Veggies come out tender and savory and the meat is juicy and falls off the bone. The herbs and spices provide a delicious flavor combination.
Scroll to the bottom for a full recipe card.
We served this dish with a small side salad and some dinner rolls. This recipe is the perfect size, easy and quick with just 5 minutes of prep. It makes a great Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Eve, or date night dinner for two.
I can’t say enough good things about this meal. The house smells amazing the whole time it’s slow cooking. Using baby potatoes and baby carrots cut down on prep time since you don’t need to spend any time chopping them.
You can add a little spice by adding some cayenne pepper, if you like that sort of thing. Plus you only have one pot to wash up afterwords.
My husband eats his whole hen but I save half of mine for lunch then next day.
How to make Crockpot Cornish Game Hens and Veggies:
Spray a 4 quart crockpot with non-stick cooking spray.
This post may contain affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, if you click through an affiliate link and make a purchase, I may make a small commission.
Cut the onion into quarters. If you are using a full size potato, cut it into large bite size cubes.
Add the potatoes, onion, and carrots to the crockpot.
In a bowl, combine the garlic powder, paprika, salt, onion powder, oregano, thyme, and pepper.
Sprinkle some of the seasonings over the veggies.
Place the Cornish game hens on top of the veggies.
Scatter the rest of the seasonings over the hens.
Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
One Skillet Oven Roasted Cornish Game Hens and Veggies
This Oven Roasted Cornish Game Hens and Veggies dish is super easy and delicious. It’s an entire meal cooked in just one skillet.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 onion
- 8 baby potatoes or 1 medium potato
- 8 baby carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Cornish game hens (thawed)
- Spray the crockpot with non-stick spray. Click for a 4 quart crockpot.
- Cut the onion into quarters. If you are using a full size potato, cut it into large bite size cubes.
- Add the potatoes, onion, and carrots to the crockpot.
- In a bowl, combine the garlic powder, paprika, salt, onion powder, oregano, thyme, and pepper.
- Sprinkle some of the seasonings over the veggies.
- Place the Cornish game hens on top of the veggies.
- Scatter the rest of the seasonings over the hens.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1178 Saturated Fat: 17g Cholesterol: 454mg Sodium: 1490mg Carbohydrates: 63g Fiber: 9g Sugar: 6g Protein: 84g