Crockpot Cornish Game Hens and Veggies come out tender and savory and the meat is juicy and falls off the bone. The herbs and spices provide a delicious flavor combination.
Scroll to bottom for full recipe card with ingredients.
We served this dish with a small side salad and some dinner rolls. This recipe is the perfect size, easy and quick with just 5 minutes of prep. It makes a great Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Eve, or date night dinner for two.
I can’t say enough good things about this meal. The house smells amazing the whole time it’s slow cooking. Using baby potatoes and baby carrots cut down on prep time since you don’t need to spend any time chopping them.
You can add a little spice by adding some cayenne pepper, if you like some heat. Plus you only have one pot to wash up afterwards.
My husband eats his whole hen but I save half of mine for lunch the next day.
How to make Crockpot Cornish Game Hens and Veggies:
Spray a 4 quart crockpot with non-stick cooking spray.
This post contains affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, if you click through an affiliate link and make a purchase, I may make a small commission. This disclosure pertains to all Amazon links.
Cut the onion into quarters. If you are using a full size potato, cut it into large bite size cubes.
Add the potatoes, onion, and carrots to the crockpot.
In a bowl, combine the garlic powder, paprika, salt, onion powder, oregano, thyme, and pepper.
Sprinkle half of the seasonings over the veggies.
Rinse the hens well under cold water, drain, and pat very dry with paper towels.
Place the Cornish game hens on top of the veggies.
Scatter the rest of the seasonings over the hens.
Cook on low for 8 hours.
Serve and enjoy!
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 onion
- 8 baby potatoes or 1 medium potato
- 8 baby carrots
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 Cornish game hens (thawed)
- Spray a 4 quart crockpot with non-stick spray. Click for a 4 quart crockpot.
- Cut the onion into quarters.
- If you are using a full size potato, cut it into large bite size cubes.
- Add the potatoes, onion, and carrots to the crockpot.
- In a bowl, combine the garlic powder, paprika, salt, onion powder, oregano, thyme, and pepper.
- Sprinkle half of the seasonings over the veggies.
- Rinse the hens well under cold water, drain, and pat very dry with paper towels.
- Place the Cornish game hens on top of the veggies.
- Scatter the rest of the seasonings over the hens.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 881Total Fat: 47gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 30gCholesterol: 337mgSodium: 798mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 6gSugar: 6gProtein: 63g
Nutrition information is a guideline only, is calculated automatically by third party software, and absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.