These are the best crispy baked potatoes ever! They have crispy chewy salted golden skin, and are light and fluffy on the inside.
Scroll to the bottom for a full recipe card.
Toppings for baked potatoes:
- Sour cream
- Salt and pepper
- Green onions, scallions or chives
Baked potato topping combinations:
- Ground beef or chicken, black beans, taco seasoning, shredded cheese, and salsa
- Blue Cheese or gorgonzola and buffalo sauce, sour cream, and green onions
- Sour cream, salsa, and green onions
- BBQ pulled chicken or pork
- Cooked Broccoli and cheddar cheese or cheese sauce
- Ranch dressing and bacon or bacon bits
- Chili, shredded cheddar cheese, and crumbled corn chips
How to make the Best Crispy Baked Potatoes:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 C).
Wash the potatoes, and pierce the skin several times with a knife or fork.
In a bowl, rub the potatoes with the oil until completely coated.
This post contains affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, if you click through an affiliate link and make a purchase, I may make a small commission. This disclosure pertains to all Amazon links.
Sprinkle each potato all over generously with the salt, divided evenly.
Bake for 45 minutes, or until slightly soft and golden brown. (1 hour for larger potatoes)
Slice the baked potatoes down the center and add your favorite potato toppings.
Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes
These Au Gratin Potatoes are deliciously creamy and cheesy with the added flavor of onion baked inside. This recipe serves two people cooked in individual dishes for a romantic dinner, but could also be cooked in one dish if preferred. Plan ahead as it takes 1 ½ hours to bake, but is so worth it!
Mashed Potato Casserole
This Mashed Potato Casserole is comfort food at it’s finest. It has a light, fluffy, creamy texture coupled with the flavors of bacon, cheese and chives. This recipe serves four but you could get it down to two by using two smaller potatoes or even one large potato.
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 C).
- Wash the potatoes, and pierce the skin several times with a knife or fork.
- In a bowl, rub the potatoes with the oil until completely coated.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Click for a baking sheet and for aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle each potato all over generously with the salt, divided evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until slightly soft and golden brown. (1 hour for larger potatoes)
- Slice the baked potatoes down the center and add your favorite potato toppings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 223 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 1180mg Carbohydrates: 37g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g