This easy and delicious small batch recipe of Homemade Baked Beans is packed full of onion and bacon. Ketchup, molasses, and brown sugar give these baked beans a sweet barbecue flavor and are slow cooked in the oven.
This is a small batch recipe. Special thanks to my Mother-In-Law for passing down to me the full size recipe which you can make by doubling the ingredients.
Scroll to bottom for full recipe card with ingredients.
How to make Best Homemade Baked Beans:
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F (160 C).
In a bowl mix together the beans, ketchup, brown sugar, molasses and onions.
Add half of the bacon and stir to combine.
This post contains affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, if you click through an affiliate link and make a purchase, I may make a small commission. This disclosure pertains to all Amazon links.
Pour the mixture into a greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Click for a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
Layer the remaining bacon on top.
Bake for 2 hours.
- 15 ounces Northern beans (un-drained)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon molasses
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 3 slices bacon (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F (160 C).
- In a bowl mix together the beans, ketchup, brown sugar, molasses and onions.
- Add half of the bacon and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Click here for a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Layer the remaining bacon on top.
- Bake for 2 hours.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 291Saturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 388mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 7gSugar: 22gProtein: 11g