This Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy recipe is quick and delicious! The beef is savory and the creamy mushroom gravy is perfect served over mashed potatoes.
Scroll to bottom for full recipe card with ingredients.
This recipe serves 2 people, is cooked in one pan, and ready in just 30 minutes.
How to make Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy:
Dissolve the beef bouillon cube in the hot water and set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, onion flakes, onion powder, parsley, celery seed, paprika, black pepper, bread crumbs, and milk. Don’t over mix.
Shape the ground beef mixture into 2 oval patties.
This post contains affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, if you click through an affiliate link and make a purchase, I may make a small commission. This disclosure pertains to all Amazon links.
Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray with non-stick spray. You will need a pan lid in a later step.
Dredge the patties in flour to coat.
Brown the steaks in the hot skillet for about 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side. Drain on paper towel and drain the grease from the pan.
In the same frying pan, mix together the cream of mushroom soup, beef bouillon water mixture, Worcestershire, mushrooms, and onion.
Return the browned patties to the pan and cover with some gravy.
Place the pan lid on the pan to cover and turn the burner down to medium-low. Simmer for 15 – 20 minutes.
Serve over mashed potatoes, cooked rice or egg noodles.
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 Tbsp dried onion flakes
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp parsley flakes
- 1/8 tsp celery seed
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- Dissolve beef bouillon cube in the hot water and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together ground beef, onion flakes, onion powder, parsley, celery seed, paprika, black pepper, bread crumbs, and milk. Don't over mix.
- Shape into 2 oval patties.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray with non-stick spray. You will need a pan lid in a later step.
- Dredge patties in flour to coat.
- Brown patties in the hot skillet for about 30 seconds to one minute on each side.
- Drain on paper towel and drain grease from pan.
- In same frying pan, mix together cream of mushroom soup, Worcestershire, mushrooms, onion and beef bouillon water mixture.
- Return browned patties to pan and cover with some gravy.
- Place pan lid on pan to cover and turn burner down to medium-low. Simmer for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, cooked rice, or egg noodles, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 591Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 109mgSodium: 2235mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 5gSugar: 8gProtein: 39g
Nutrition information is a guideline only, is calculated automatically by third party software, and absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.