These homemade deep fried bakery style Glazed Blueberry Cake Donuts are delicious, easy, and fun to make at home.
Fresh blueberries are mixed into a cinnamon and nutmeg donut batter then deep fried to golden brown and dipped in a sweet powdered sugar glaze.
Scroll to the bottom for a full recipe card.
This recipe makes a small batch of about 4 – 5 donuts depending on the size of the donut cutter used.
Try this delectable treat for an amazing breakfast, brunch, or dessert for two.
How to make Glazed Blueberry Cake Donuts:
Heat the oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees F (190 C). Click for a deep fryer.
This post may contain affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, if you click through an affiliate link and make a purchase, I may make a small commission.
For the donuts:
Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt, in a large bowl.
In another bowl, whisk together the egg, milk and vanilla extract.
Add the melted butter to the dry ingredients, quickly stirring to disperse the butter and form small crumbs.
Stir the milk and egg mixture into the flour mixture with a spatula.
Add in blueberries, mashing some as you go along if desired.
Form the dough into a ball and then roll it out on a floured surface to about 1/2 inch thick.
Cut the donuts using a donut cutter. Click for a donut cutter.
Repeat with the dough scraps until all the dough is used. My donut cutter yielded 5 donuts and two donut holes.
Fry the donuts 1 – 2 at a time, frying for about 1 ½ – 2 minutes per side.
After the first donut, check it by cutting into the center to make sure the dough is cooked through.
Finish frying the remaining donuts. Place them on a wire rack over a baking sheet.
For the glaze:
Whisk the powdered sugar, water, and vanilla extract together until a smooth, runny glaze forms.
If it seems too thin, stir in powdered sugar one tablespoon at a time.
If it’s too thick, add more water by one very small drop at a time, whisking constantly.
Dip each donut or donut hole in glaze.
Let sit on a rack to cool.
Serve and enjoy!
Baked Chocolate Chocolate Donuts – Small Batch
Whip up this quick and easy baked small batch of chocolate cake donuts with chocolate topping. Add extra toppings like sprinkles or gummy worms if you like. This is the perfect weekend breakfast for two.
Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake
This Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake is moist, fluffy and filled with fresh blueberries, crumbly cinnamon streusel topping, and drizzled with a sweet glaze.
Fluffy Pancakes for Two
This homemade fluffy pancakes recipe will convince you that homemade pancakes are just as easy and they are way more delicious than a box mix. This is a small batch recipe that makes just 4 medium sized pancakes.
Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes
These fluffy Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes are flavored with delightful lemon and nutty, crackly poppy seeds. The texture is just what you hope for in homemade pancakes, moist and melt-in-your-mouth tender.
- Oil for frying, about 2 cups
For the donuts:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup blueberries
For the Glaze:
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees F (190 C). Click for a deep fryer.
For the donuts:
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt, in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk egg, milk and vanilla extract.
- Stir melted butter into flour mixture forming small crumbs.
- Stir egg mixture into flour mixture. Add in blueberries.
- Roll dough out on a floured surface about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut donuts using a donut cutter. Click for a donut cutter.
- Repeat with the dough scraps until all the dough is used
- Fry donuts 1 - 2 at a time, about 1 ½ - 2 minutes per side. Place on a wire rack over a baking sheet.
For the glaze:
- Whisk powdered sugar, water, and vanilla in a bowl. If it’s thin, stir in powdered sugar one tablespoon at a time. If it’s thick, add more water by one very small drop at a time, whisking constantly.
- Dip each donut or donut hole in glaze and let sit to cool before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 248 Saturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 39mg Sodium: 75mg Carbohydrates: 38g Sugar: 22g Protein: 3g