Crockpot Cashew Chicken is super easy with just 5 minutes of prep. Boneless chicken is mixed with soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sweet chili sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, broccoli slaw and cashews. It’s a one pot delicious dinner and cooks in your crockpot slow cooker.
Scroll to the bottom for a full recipe card.
The sweet chili sauce gives this dish a kick of spice but you can kick it up even more by adding red pepper flakes, hot sauce, or Chinese mustard. Serve it over cooked rice or pasta. This recipe makes a great lunch or impressive date night dinner for two.
How to make easy Crockpot Cashew Chicken:
Cut the boneless chicken into bite sized pieces.
This post may contain affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, if you click through an affiliate link and make a purchase, I may make a small commission.
Place the chicken in the crockpot slow cooker. Click for a 4 quart crockpot.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the cornstarch, black pepper, soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sweet chili sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger.
Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken in the crockpot and stir to combine.
Cover and cook on low for 7 hours or high for 3 hours.
After the allotted cooking time, add the cashews and broccoli slaw. Stir to combine.
Replace the cover and continue slow cooking for 30 minutes on low or 15 minutes on high.
At the same time, cook the rice or pasta according to the package directions. Plan for it to finish at the same time as the cashew chicken.
Serve the chicken mixture over the rice or pasta and top with green onions for garnish if desired.
Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken with Homemade Fried Rice
This Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken with Homemade Fried Rice is seriously the best! It’s super easy and so delicious. The best part is you can make it at home and skip running for takeout. We love this dish so much we have it a couple of times each month, sometimes more!
Sweet and Sour Sticky Wings
These delicious Sweet and Sour Sticky Wings are baked until the meat is fall-off-the-bone tender and then smothered in gooey sticky sweet and sour sauce. Get ready for a finger-licking, fantastic feast. This small batch recipe serves 2 and is great for game day, date night, or any night!
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a delicious low carb meal for two. They are packed with a ton of flavor and fun to eat if you're not afraid of hand held food! This recipe calls for ground chicken but can be swapped with ground turkey or ground beef. This dish is easy and quick, ready in less than 20 minutes.
Baked Asian Wings Recipe
This Baked Asian Wings recipe is easy and wonderfully delicious, sweet, salty, and sticky. The ginger spiced hoisin and soy sauces, combined with the honey, green onions or chives, and toasted sesame seeds give these wings the perfect flavor combination. This small batch recipe serves two and makes a great appetizer or light meal for watching the big game.
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken (thawed)
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons sweet chili sauce (optional – add heat)
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons jarred minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup sliced cashews
- 1 cup broccoli slaw
- 1 cup uncooked rice (or pasta)
- 1 green onion (optional - for garnish)
- Dice the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Place the chicken in the crockpot slow cooker. Click here for a 4 quart crockpot.
- Whisk together the cornstarch, black pepper, soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sweet chili sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger in small bowl.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken and stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 7 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Add the cashews and broccoli slaw. Stir to combine. Replace the cover and continue slow cooking for 30 minutes on low or 15 minutes on high.
- At the same time, cook the rice or pasta according to the package directions. Plan for it to finish at the same time as the chicken.
- Serve the chicken mixture over the rice or pasta and top with green onions for garnish.
Nutrition includes 1 cup white rice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1124 Total Fat: 41.1g Saturated Fat: 8.8g Cholesterol: 101mg Sodium: 1650mg Carbohydrates: 134.3g Fiber: 5.3g Sugar: 26.6g Protein: 53.7g