This is a delicious and easy stove-top Cinnamon Candied Almonds Recipe that smells amazing and tastes delicious! They make a great appetizer and are perfect as a gift to enjoy for the holidays. These are yummy as a salad topping too.
This is a small batch recipe and fills about 1 ½ (8 oz sized) canning jars.
There are many ways to make cinnamon candied almonds including roasting, and slow cooking in a crockpot, but these stove-top almonds come together the quickest without losing any of that incredible smell or taste.
And the best part is, you can make these almonds right at home any time you want and for far less expense than buying a bag while out Christmas shopping at the mall.
I have to admit, I’m snacking on these as I write this post because they are addicting!
How to make homemade Cinnamon Candied Almonds:
Line a large baking sheet with waxed paper.
In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, combine the water, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Click for a medium sauce pan.
Bring the sugar and cinnamon mixture to a boil.
Pour in the almonds and lower the heat to medium-low.
Cook and stir the almond mixture constantly, about 15 minutes, until all the liquid evaporates and leaves a crystallized coating on the almonds. The time may vary but keep going until the sticky syrup has turned into a sugary powdered consistency. Pay attention as it happens really fast right at the end.
Then quickly remove the candied almonds from heat and pour them onto the prepared baking sheet.
Immediately separate the candied almonds using two forks.
Allow the almonds to cool about 15 minutes.
Jumbo Cinnamon Rolls
These homemade Jumbo Cinnamon Rolls are incredibly soft and fluffy with a delicious sugar cinnamon filling and sweet cream cheese frosting.
Glazed Cinnamon Raisin Biscuits
These Glazed Cinnamon Raisin Biscuits have warm tender scone like biscuits packed with cinnamon and raisins topped with a sweet powdered sugar glaze. This small batch recipe is easy to make and is ready in just 20 minutes.
Homemade Cinnamon Swirl Raisin Bread
Homemade Cinnamon Swirl Raisin Bread is full of plump raisins and spiced with sweet sugar and cinnamon. It’s perfect as toast slathered with butter. This recipe makes one loaf and can be frozen.
Puff Pastry Cinnamon Baked Pears
Puff Pastry Cinnamon Baked Pears are an easy, yet fancy and delicious fall dessert. Ripened pears are peeled, cored, and sprinkled with sugar, cinnamon, and cardamom, then wrapped in puff pastry, brushed with egg wash, and baked to golden brown perfection.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole almonds
- Line a large baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Combine the water, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Click here for a medium sauce pan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the almonds and lower the heat to medium-low.
- Cook and stir the mixture constantly, about 15 minutes, until all the liquid evaporates and leaves a crystallized coating on the almonds. The time may vary but keep going until the sticky syrup has turned into a sugary powdered consistency. Pay attention as it happens really fast right at the end.
- Then quickly remove it from heat and pour the almonds onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Immediately separate the almonds using forks.
- Allow to cool about 15 minutes.
T-fal A85724 Specialty Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Handy Pot Saucepan with Glass Lid Cookware, 3-Quart, Gray
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 235 Total Fat: 11.9g Saturated Fat: .9g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 1mg Carbohydrates: 30.9g Fiber: 3.4g Sugar: 26.1g Protein: 5.1g