This classic sweet potato casserole with pecans and marshmallows is light, fluffy, and has just the right amount of sweetness.
This small batch recipe makes a great holiday side dish for 2. Try it for an intimate Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner, or any day of the year.
For more about this magical flavor combination read The History of a Match Made in Thanksgiving: Sweet Potatoes and Marshmallows.
How to make classic Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecans and Marshmallows:
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (190 C).
Peel the sweet potato and dice it into 1 inch cubes.
Add the sweet potato cubes in a medium sauce pan and cover with cold water. Bring the water to a boil.
Reduce the heat, and simmer for 15 minutes or until very tender.
Drain the water off of the potatoes and cool slightly.
Place potatoes in the bowl of a stand mixer, or medium bowl. Click here for a stand mixer.
Add the brown sugar, butter, salt, and vanilla.
Mix until the potatoes are mashed and the mixture is well combined.
Fold in 1 tablespoon of the chopped pecans.
Coat an 18.6 oz oven safe baking dish with cooking spray. Click here for an 18.6 oz oven safe baking dish.
Scoop the potato mixture into the dish in an even layer and spread out to flatten the top.
Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of chopped pecans.
Top with the mini marshmallows.
Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Pecan Marshmallow Streusel Recipe
These stuffed sweet potatoes for two have rich sweet potatoes covered in a delicious marshmallow, brown sugar, and pecan streusel topping. Cook the potatoes in your crock pot slow cooker or follow the directions for baking them. This is the perfect Fall, Winter, and cool Spring side dish. Try it with your intimate Thanksgiving dinner.
Mashed Potato Casserole
This Mashed Potato Casserole is comfort food at it’s finest. It has a light, fluffy, creamy texture coupled with the flavors of bacon, cheese and chives. This recipe serves four but you could get it down to two by using two smaller potatoes or even one large potato.
Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes
These Au Gratin Potatoes are deliciously creamy and cheesy with the added flavor of onion baked inside. This recipe serves two people cooked in individual dishes for a romantic dinner, but could also be cooked in one dish if preferred. Plan ahead as it takes 1 ½ hours to bake, but is so worth it!
Roasted Fingerling Potatoes Recipe
These Roasted Fingerling Potatoes are buttery with garlic and herbs tossed with Parmesan cheese and roasted to crisp-tender perfection! They are easy and quick, ready in just 35 minutes.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 3 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon butter (softened)
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped pecans (divided)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 C).
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Place the sweet potato cubes in a medium sauce pan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, and simmer for 15 minutes or until very tender.
- Drain the potatoes and cool slightly.
- Place potatoes in the bowl of a stand mixer, or medium bowl. Click here for a stand mixer.
- Add the brown sugar, butter, salt, and vanilla and mix until mashed and well combined.
- Fold in 1 tablespoon chopped pecans.
- Coat an 18.6 oz oven safe baking dish with cooking spray. Click here for an 18.6 oz oven safe baking dish.
- Scoop the potato mixture into the dish in an even layer.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon chopped pecans.
- Top with marshmallows and bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
KitchenAid KSM150PSPN Artisan Series 5-Qt. Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield - Persimmon
Corningware French White III 18.6-Ounce Appetizer Dish
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 223 Total Fat: 7.3g Saturated Fat: 3.8g Cholesterol: 15mg Sodium: 374mg Carbohydrates: 38.2g Fiber: 3.2g Sugar: 23.3g Protein: 2.1g