These open-face Chicken Caprese Sandwiches are easy and delicious! Toasted artisan bread is topped with seasoned chicken, fresh tomato slices, broiled melted mozzarella cheese, and sprinkled with fresh basil.
This recipe is quick, ready in just 30 minutes, and makes a great lunch, dinner, or impressive date night meal for two.
What is Caprese? Here are the basic ingredients of Caprese:
Fresh basil leaves
Coarse sea salt
Fresh cracked black pepper
These ingredients can be combined in several ways including salads, sandwiches, burgers, pasta dishes, and pizza! To read more about the origin of Caprese click here.
How to Make Open-face Chicken Caprese Sandwiches:
Lightly toast the bread slices.
Cut the tomatoes into 8 slices.
Split the chicken breasts horizontally using a filet knife, creating 4 flat pieces of chicken. Click here for a Rada filet knife.
Season the chicken with the salt and pepper to taste.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
Fry the chicken in the skillet until cooked through about 3 to 5 minutes per side.
Preheat the broiler to the high setting.
Place the 4 toast slices onto a broiler pan and top each slice of bread with a piece of the chicken. Click here for a small broiler pan.
Add two tomato slices to each sandwich.
Place two slices of mozzarella on each sandwich.
Broil the sandwiches until the cheese is melted about 3 to 5 minutes.
Sprinkle with the fresh basil.
BLT Chicken Salad Sandwiches
These gorgeous BLT Chicken Salad Sandwiches combine all the classic flavors of crispy bacon, fresh lettuce and tomato with creamy chicken salad served on fresh deli sandwich rolls. This recipe is easy and quick, ready in just 25 minutes.
Chicken Florentine Sub Sandwich
Chicken Florentine Sub Sandwiches have tender juicy Italian seasoned chicken combined with fresh baby spinach leaves, sweet red onion sauce, provolone cheese, and garlic mayonnaise sauce on a deli sub roll. These sandwiches make a great lunch, dinner or romantic date night for two.
Easy Crispy Fried Chicken Sandwiches
These easy crispy Fried Chicken Sandwiches are juicy and delicious! Chicken thighs are soaked in homemade buttermilk, then coated in seasoned flour, fried until crispy and simply topped with lettuce, dill pickle slices and mayo.
Swiss Cheese Chicken Salad Sandwiches
This is a great change from the old traditional chicken salad recipes. The flavors of Swiss cheese and dill pickle relish mixed in with the mayo, chicken, and seasonings gives it a fresh and tangy zip.
- 4 slices artisan bread, Italian bread, French bread, etc.
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless chicken breasts (6 oz each)
- Coarse salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 4 ounces sliced mozzarella (8 slices)
- 1/8 cup fresh basil leaves (torn)
- Lightly toast the bread slices.
- Cut the tomatoes into 8 slices.
- Split the chicken breasts horizontally using a filet knife, creating 4 flat pieces of chicken. Click for a Rada filet knife.
- Season the chicken with the salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Fry the chicken in the skillet until cooked through about 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Preheat the broiler to the high setting.
- Place the 4 toast slices onto a broiler pan and top each slice of bread with a piece of the chicken. Click here for a small broiler pan.
- Add two tomato slices to each sandwich. Place two slices of mozzarella on each sandwich.
- Broil the sandwiches until the cheese is melted about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the fresh basil.
OvenStuff Non-Stick Toaster Oven Bake, Broil and Roast Set - Non-Stick Baking Pan Set, Easy to Clean and Perfect for Single Servings
Rada Cutlery Fillet Knife – Stainless Steel Blade with Leather Scabbard and Rubber Handle, 12-1/4 Inch
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 481 Saturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 117mg Sodium: 753mg Carbohydrates: 29g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 5g Protein: 41g