This Cheesy Hash Brown Potatoes Casserole that everyone loves at potluck dinners is downsized to feed just 2 – 4 people. All the flavors you love and it’s ready in just 30 minutes for a quick and easy dinner or lunch side dish. Hey, I’d even have it for a breakfast side dish too. It’s that good.
Hash brown potatoes are combined with tender crisp onions, butter, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, and shredded sharp cheddar cheese all topped with buttery crunchy potato chips or French’s Fried Onions and baked to perfection.
How to make Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole:
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 C).
Dice the onion.
Grease or spray an 8 x 8 inch pan or baking dish and set aside. Click here for an 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
In a large bowl, combine the thawed hash browns with 3 tablespoons of the melted butter, pepper, salt, and chopped onion, blending well.
Add in the soup and sour cream, then the cheddar cheese, mixing everything well.
Spread mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish.
Mix remaining 1 tablespoon melted butter and the potato chips or French’s Fried Onions together and sprinkle over top of casserole.
Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
Mashed Potato Casserole
This Mashed Potato Casserole is comfort food at it’s finest. It has a light, fluffy, creamy texture coupled with the flavors of bacon, cheese and chives. This recipe serves four but you could get it down to two by using two smaller potatoes or even one large potato.
Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes
These Au Gratin Potatoes are deliciously creamy and cheesy with the added flavor of onion baked inside. This recipe serves two people cooked in individual dishes for a romantic dinner, but could also be cooked in one dish if preferred. Plan ahead as it takes 1 ½ hours to bake, but is so worth it!
Roasted Fingerling Potatoes Recipe
These Roasted Fingerling Potatoes are buttery with garlic and herbs tossed with Parmesan cheese and roasted to crisp-tender perfection! They are easy and quick, ready in just 35 minutes.
Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecans and Marshmallows
This classic sweet potato casserole with pecans and marshmallows is light, fluffy, and has just the right amount of sweetness.
- 2 cups frozen hash browns (thawed)
- 4 Tablespoons butter (melted and divided)
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion
- 1 can (10 3/4-ounce) cream of mushroom soup (or cream of celery, cream of chicken)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed potato chips (or French’s Fried Onions)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 C).
- Dice the onion.
- Grease or spray an 8 x 8 inch pan or baking dish and set aside. Click for an 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the thawed hash browns with 3 tablespoons of the melted butter, pepper, salt, and chopped onion, blending well.
- Add in the soup and sour cream, then the cheddar cheese, mixing everything well.
- Spread mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- Mix remaining 1 tablespoon melted butter and the potato chips or French’s Fried Onions together and sprinkle over top of casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
Nutrition calculated using potato chips, not French's Fried Onions.
Pyrex SYNCHKG089152 Get Dinner Away Large Handle 8" x 8" Square Dish. Making it Easy to Monitor Casserole Cooking and Brownie Baking from a, 4, Red 8"
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 764 Saturated Fat: 26g Cholesterol: 112mg Sodium: 1919mg Carbohydrates: 60g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 2g Protein: 21g