This easy Spaghetti with homemade meat sauce takes just a few minutes of prep and then a slow simmer on the stove for a beef packed classic Italian spaghetti.
This sauce from scratch is easy to make and super delicious, so much better than store bought. This dish makes a great lunch, dinner or impressive date night meal for two. Serve it with a fresh side salad and some garlic bread or bread sticks.
To read more about the history and how it’s made check out this article about spaghetti.
How to make Spaghetti with homemade Meat Sauce:
Cut the onion into small pieces.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the ground beef and onion. Click here for a medium saucepan.
Cook and stir until the ground beef is brown and the onions are translucent and tender.
Drain the grease and return the ground beef and onions to the sauce pan.
Stir into the pan the garlic, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and water.
Sprinkle in the oregano, basil, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
Slow simmer the spaghetti sauce for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Near the end of the sauce cooking time, prepare the spaghetti pasta according to the package directions.
Drain the spaghetti pasta, divide it between 2 plates, and top with the homemade meat sauce.
Garnish with fresh parsley and additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
Individual Classic Italian Lasagna
This classic Italian lasagna recipe is made with creamy Ricotta, shredded Mozzarella, and a hearty meat marinara sauce. It has lots of flavor and it’s easier and faster to prepare by using no-boil oven ready lasagna noodles.
Grilled Mexican Seasoned Chicken and Spinach Individual Lasagna
Italian Lasagna meets grilled Mexican seasoned chicken in this delicious and romantic dinner for two. This is very easy to prepare and uses “no cook oven ready” noodles. It is so incredibly flavorful you may never make regular lasagna again. You can also substitute ground beef for the chicken by browning the beef and adding the same seasonings to it.
Easy Chicken Parmesan
This Chicken Parmesan is the best recipe, easy and quick too. The chicken is coated in breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese, then fried crispy and golden brown, served in individual dishes on top of spaghetti and smothered in extra sauce and melted Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
Easy Eggplant Parmesan
Easy Eggplant Parmesan has crispy double breaded eggplant that is fried and baked topped with spaghetti sauce and two kinds of gooey melted cheese.
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 onion
- 1 teaspoon jarred minced garlic
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato paste (about 2 oz)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley , (plus more for garnish)
- 1/8 cup Parmesan cheese , (plus more for garnish)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 oz spaghetti (uncooked)
- Dice onion.
- Combine ground beef and onion in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Click here for a medium saucepan.
- Cook and stir until meat is brown and onions are tender.
- Drain grease and return beef and onions to pan.
- Stir garlic, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and water into pan.
- Sprinkle in oregano, basil, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer spaghetti sauce 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Near the end of sauce cooking time, prepare spaghetti pasta according to package directions.
- Drain spaghetti pasta, divide between 2 plates, and top with homemade meat sauce.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
T-fal A85724 Specialty Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Handy Pot Saucepan with Glass Lid Cookware, 3-Quart, Gray
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 594 Saturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 84mg Sodium: 1329mg Carbohydrates: 58g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 11g Protein: 32g